Heat to cold
Heat to cold
Many farms, food manufacturers and industrial companies require both heat and cold for their production processes. For this group of users, absorption chillers (congelo), which use waste heat as an energy source for refrigeration, are a highly economical alternative. At the same cooling capacity, their electrical power consumption is approx. 70% lower than that of compression refrigeration systems. They generate cooling capacity in the temperature range down to -28°C by converting waste heat in the temperature range from 90°C. Waste heat from the cooling circuit and the combustion exhaust gas from CHPs can be used for refrigeration just as much as waste heat from industrial processes. The technology is characterised by very high operational reliability with minimum maintenance requirements. As the demand for cooling energy and heat energy in many production plants changes with the seasons, absorption chillers and heating systems based on waste heat can also be combined to form extremely energy-efficient overall systems.
The use of ammonia/water absorption chillers reduces your operating costs and relieves the environment.
- Reduction of operating costs by using waste heat as drive
- Reduction of the electrical connected load
- Low maintenance and repair costs
- Long service life, high reliability
- Increase in energy efficiency through combined heat, power and cooling compared to separate generation
- Use of natural refrigerant and thus long-term stock reliability
Up to 30% less CO2 emissions
- No use of chemical additives (only pure ammonia and distilled water)
- Eligible for subsidies: A wide range of regional and nationwide subsidy programmes support both the advice and preparation of waste heat utilisation concepts by energy consultants and the actual investments.
Attractive application possibilities
Food and beverage industry
Fruit and vegetable storage
Freezing and cold storage
The German Energy Agency (dena) recommends the use of waste heat and points out that yields in the double-digit percentage range can generally be achieved.
We are looking forward to your project!
Please contact us for a personal consultation. As soon as we have determined all conditions with you, we will work out an individual procedure for the best possible and most efficient project handling.
Call us: 49 40 7610 480